Children’s activities at Kicheche Camp, Kenya
Travelling with Children can be tricky and challenging especially if it is a long distance and for a long time. There are however different ways that you can travel and make your children’s enjoy travel as well.
It is important to travel with children for many reasons especially for those that are in the corporate world that spend most of the time working and this s the best time to learn them, have fun games together and strengthen your family bond.
At Shanrod Africa, we offer African Safaris that suite the interest of the whole family apart from the other ones that are age restrictive like gorilla trekking and chimpanzee tracking in Uganda and Rwanda.
One of the properties that offer different activities for children is Kicheche Camp in Kanya and these include;
- Game walks (12+ yrs) and interpretive walks in camp (for u 12 yrs old).
- Catch , identify & release amazing butterflies and insects.
- Visit our local school and the Discovery Community Empowerment Centre in our nearby town.
- Learn how to track and recognize animal prints and spoor, plus birds and their calls.
- Traditional Masai Culture, ﬁre making, bow & arrows, beading and spear throwing
- We offer a range of children’s menus which features the popular bush pizza and the recommended ‘sundowner meals’, where your child’s picnic dinner is served whilst you enjoy your drink. This makes life a lot more relaxed when returning to camp!
- Canoeing in front of Kicheche Laikipia
- Meet Ol Pejeta’s antipoaching heros. Engage in a hide & seek demonstration whereby the kids hide and the dogs seek… (charges apply)
- Visit the Ol pejeta Chimpanzee Sanctuary for rescued primates.
- Get the chance to interact with the only three living Northern whites left on earth for an hour in Ol Pejeta