Zanzibar is Opening up to Tourists
As of yesterday, the hon minister Mahmoud Khatib Kombo from Ministry of Tourism announced the official reopening of Zanzibar for all regular and even charter flights with no restrictions!
No quarantine. No COVID-19 negative certificates needed.
Travelers must have valid health insurance and the body temperature will be monitored upon arrival at the airport.
Arrival to Zanzibar:
- Travelers do not need to bring negative COVID-19 test
- Travelers will be checked at the airport for COVID-19 symptoms by measuring temperature
- Travelers must have valid health insurance
- Travelers are encouraged to apply for online e-visas prior to arrival
In case of no symptoms of COVID-19, the traveler can proceed to the hotel without any limitations and without any need for quarantine.
In case of showing symptoms of COVID-19, the government will proceed with the corona test in their special facility.
Procedures during the stay on Zanzibar island:
- free movement around the island is allowed
- wearing the mask while in the public spaces
- keeping social distance
- all tourist facilities will follow the governmental Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) to ensure Zanzibar is the safest destination